March lunch menu
February lunch menu
January lunch menu
December Lunch menu
June - Menu
Menu - May
School Lunches at Our School
At North Bradley C.E School we are proud to offer school lunches which are prepared from scratch daily by our Catering Manager, Miss Flower, and her team. Eating a healthy meal is known to improve behaviour, concentration and the ability to achieve, which is why it is especially important that children eat a delicious, healthy meal at school.
Here are 10 reasons for choosing a school meal for your child:
- Menus pupils like – To ensure your child enjoys our school meals, we develop our menus in consultation with pupils and parents. Our school meals meet all nutritional standards and guidelines. We are the first Wiltshire school to have been awarded the Food for Life Silver Award and our School Nutritional Action Group meets regularly to discuss menu ideas and shares their findings with the rest of the school.
- Fresh, tasty and healthy – our dishes are expertly prepared each day on the premises, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. We use only free range eggs, while our meat is supplied by Walter Rose Butchers and our fruit and vegetables are supplied by Lovejoys Wholesale.
- Good food for all – we cater for all medically diagnosed special dietary conditions and can provide for a variety of cultural and religious requirements. In the first instance, please speak to Mrs Walsh in the school office for assistance.
- Special Food Days – Miss Flower and her team work closely with our teaching staff to develop specially themed menus to fit in with classroom topics and whole school celebrations.
- Outstanding value – the cost of our school meals is just £2.30 per day for a main course and dessert or a full week of meals can be bought for just £10.00.
- Flexibility – we offer an ‘order on the day’ option. This is either a jacket potato served with cheese, tuna mayonnaise or beans, or a baguette with either ham or cheese. Both options come with a dessert for just £2.30.
- Meals for free – many pupils are entitled to free school meals – including ALL infants (reception, year one and year two), saving you hundreds of pounds.
- Dining room experience – sitting down to a school meal with their friends helps develop good table manners and social skills support – essential attributes for later life
- Community Links – we welcome members of the local community to join us for lunch as we strongly believe in the importance of developing links with other groups in the village.
- Making life easier for you – avoid the early morning starts and the expense of preparing home packed lunches in the knowledge that your child will benefit from a healthy school lunch you can be sure is delicious and nutritionally balanced.