Storytellers Class - Reception
Learning and activities for home - 27/3/2020
I have set up '2 email' on purple mash - to access - log in using your child's details and search '2 email' in the search bar, then you will be able to email me any questions you have. You will receive and alert when they have received an email and I will try to respond as soon as possible.
To access reading books I have assigned to children, enter reading Eggspress via the Reading Eggs homepage and the assignment books will appear.
- Phonics - Review phonic sounds using child's phonic booklet these could be written up and hidden around the house or garden use video to practise saying phase 3 sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKf8coVCLwA
- Keywords - Reading words by sight using child's keyword folder these could also be hidden around house or garden practise using look, cover, check sheet - see below
- Reading books - These are assigned using reading eggs, enter Eggspress to find allocated reading book.
- Writing - Make a card for a friend from school, write a sentence to them and add some pictures
- Maths - create your own number line how far can you count? - make it however you wish! use chalk outside, paper and pens, counters or paint.
- Make a den with somebody in your house - Design it first? What are the rules? Can you name it and write it down?
- Create a farmyard scene using Purple mash - what animals can you create?
Welcome to Storytellers Class!
Hello a warm welcome from our lovely class and team. This year Miss Bishop is supported by Mrs James and Mrs Hill. Here in reception we love learning through play both inside and outside. This term our learning is called 'Down on the Farm', this will link across many areas of learning including personal, social and emotional development and understanding the world.
Learning this term...
- This term we will be developing our reading skills by concentrating on phase 3 of Letters and Sounds.
- We will also be exploring storytelling through our Talk for Writing of 'Farmer Duck'. This will help us with new vocabulary and recalling and sequencing main events in stories.
- Alongside this, we will be exploring growth and care of plants and animals.